1 lb Peeled, cleaned shrimp
1 c Fresh pineapple sliced long and 1/4 thick
1.5 oz Pineapple & Habanero Hot Sauce
1 c Flour
1 c Cornstarch
1 c Sparking water
2” of oil for frying
Pinch of salt
1. Peel and clean the shrimp if not already done. Make about 6-8 shallow cuts along the back and inside of each shrimp. This should allow it to lay relatively flat and uncurled. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, slowly, SLOWLY combine the flour, corn starch, egg, and fizzy water, and a pinch of salt until well mixed, but not over mixed.
3. Pour enough oil for frying into a pot or cast iron skillet and heat up to 350° F.
4. Dip each piece of shrimp or pineapple into the tempura batter and swirl it a bit before letting go so the pieces are less likely to stick. Fry for 3-5 minutes until cooked and remove from the oil. Place on paper towels to absorb excess oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
5. Garnish with cilantro and dip into Bravado Spice Pineapple & Habanero Hot Sauce.
A blend of fresh pineapple and fiery habanero; this sweet and spicy sauce is packed with only real chilies and fruit. Sometimes nature hands you an ace in the hole.